Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vampires

This week, instead of Interview, I listened to the audio book of Richard Matheson's "I Am Legend". It is a vampire story with a completely different kind of vampire. These vampires have many resemblances to zombies in their behavior. There is only one 'talking' vampire through most of the book, and he poses as a main antagonist. 
I Read the book after I saw the movie, after I saw it in a bookstore. I'm familiar with Hollywood's way of butchering literature into movies - turns out "I Am Legend" (as in the movie released in 2007) wasn't their first attempt. Before the 2007 take was "The Last Man on Earth" and "Omega Man". I haven't seen either, but I've heard Omega Man came closest to representing the book. 
The 2007 film had about a 1-2% similarity with the book. Knowing Hollywood, I wasn't too suprised - I actually enjoyed the movie for what it was, even if the ending was completely different. I thought the book's ending made more sense for the title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment